Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Justification to Employer
My employer is actually pretty cool, but it is possible they might detect, and be concerned about, the fact that some of these blog posts are done while I am at work. Here is my justification: The blog serves as a way for me to take notes on my condition. If I were not doing it in the blog, I would still be making these notes while at work. I have to. For my health.

Latest news: They lab is going to break down the cholesterol by good/bad. Excellent. The doc is going to look at the hypoglycemia theory. And the bright and able office assistant will mention to him that I think my insulin level should be checked.

I have to go back to work now. I have been installing our software on another machine via remote terminal services.

OK, I resolved the software issue, and then used the power of the internet to collect the free bits of information that the Encyclopedia Brit is willing to give out:

cholesterol 282 normal: 130-200 mg/dL

a waxy substance that is present in the blood plasma and in all animal tissues. Chemically, cholesterol is an organic compound belonging to the steroid family; its molecular formula is C27H46O. In ...


triglycerides 233 normal: 35-200 mg/dL

Lipid molecules, such as triglycerides and cholesterol, circulate in the blood and are bound to carrier protein molecules. In certain hereditary metabolic disorders, the levels of triglycerides and ...


albumin serum: 5.4 normal: 3.5-5.2 g/dL

protein that accounts for 55 percent of the total protein in blood plasma. Its major function is to help maintain the osmotic pressure between the blood vessels and tissues. Circulating blood tends ...


bilirubin, total: 2.3 normal: 0.0-1.5 mg/dL

a brownish yellow pigment of bile, secreted by the liver in vertebrates, which gives to solid waste products (feces) their characteristic colour. It is produced in bone marrow cells and in the liver ...


glucose, CSF: 55 normal: 70-115

one of a group of carbohydrates known as simple sugars (monosaccharides). Glucose (from Greek glykys; sweet) has the molecular formula C6H12O6. It is found in fruits and honey and is the major free ...


So this means I am triple-waxed, bilious, overpressurized, and not very sweet.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com