Monday, January 05, 2004

etiquette for this blog



Laurie was asking for etiquette rules for this blog, specifically the comments sections. As I mentioned at the bottom of the first post, I intended the blog for friends and soul-mates, and complete strangers too. My wife reads it. I have not shared it with family. I have also not shared it with all my friends. This is not an attempt to exclude anyone, but rather reflects the fact that my inspiration for this log was to create it for my friends. I inform my family of my progress in other ways. One pal has broadened the circle by suggesting other mutual friends for me to add. I also welcome complete strangers, as this is a public blog. I would just ask that my friends not "out" me by including material that identifies me in this blog, or by sharing the blog with other people without asking me. I set up the comments section just in case people wanted to chime in. Friends are welcome to add comments, but I guess I set up the comments section to let strangers chime in if they wanted to. One person on the net contacted me saying he liked the blog and asking if he could add it to his links list. I said yes. So to answer Laurie's question, keep the personal stuff (and identifying stuff) to emails and phone calls (and personal visits!), and feel free to add comments under an assumed identity in which you urge me to join some specific (and preferably comical) religion.


The only reason that this post is in bold is so that it will stand out. Laurie has not done anything wrong and none of you have either. I am not uptight. But I just assume that this bold section will stand out for someone scrolling through.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com