Thursday, January 08, 2004

Not much sleep last night or the night before. The baby has a cough and keep waking up. Runs my wife ragged. Wakes us up every couple of hours. Goes on a jag from 1:00 AM to 3:30 AM. Yes, we don't need suggestions. Yes we, and particularly my wife, are very good at this. Sometimes, though, the bear gets you. So then I come home feeling altogether together, but, bed-o-tropic. My son does his usual, uh, 'energetic' stuff around the uh, 'boundaries,' and I am reduced to responding with breathless chuckles. Like someone tipsy. Or very tired. All disciplinary skills gone. But he is a good kid and when I collapse on the couch he puts a pillow on my head and kneels on it. I tell ya, you have no idea how good that feels. Ahhh...

Hoping for more test results tomorrow.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com