Thursday, February 05, 2004

Other guy

Bushra located this online diary:


BBC News Online science and technology writer Ivan Noble was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour in August 2002 and is currently recovering from brain surgery.

Since his diagnosis, he has been sharing his experiences in an online diary.


"I have had a real setback.

I had a brain scan on Monday and it showed that my tumour had regrown a big chunk, despite the operation I had only two and a half months ago to remove it.

It is a big blow.

We hoped that the operation and the drugs that went in with it would have kept me stable for a lot longer.


At the moment I am having trouble coming to terms with it all.


Our thoughts, of course, are on our growing baby.

There are five and a half months to go before the birth of my second child, but what does that mean when my tumour is growing at such a rate?"




I don't know what to say. I feel awful for the guy. Probably the way a lot of you feel awful for me. Maybe Compartive Suffering is unhealthy, or unwise. But I sure feel lucky that I'm not going through what he's going through. Sorry to say that, but it's true.

I just want to be treated as normal. I have not read all his stuff, but maybe he does to. I don't know.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com