Saturday, March 06, 2004

Not Today, Baby!

For about a week or so, this has been a daily occurrence: I am oozing about my day, and I notice how capable and free I am, then remember that ALS is suppose to freeze me and then kill me. The thought I have then is: Not Today, Baby! I revel in the days when I wake up still able, and I believe it is reasonable to have faith that I can count on that one day to be normal. Keeping in mind, of course, the ever-circling Bus that awaits us all. Actually, I don't think I'll be struck and killed by a bus. I think I'll be struck and killed by an ambulance, carrying Michael Jackson.

Last night for the second night in a row I took the riluzole on an empty stomach. The first time was one hour before dinner. The second time was two hours after. No nausea or other symptoms to report. Good. I'll keep doing this for a while and then move the morning one to an empty stomach.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com