Monday, April 05, 2004

Drool bucket

Today I go to the ALS clinic for what they call a workshop. That means a bunch of people look at me and give me advice. But to me the main thing is that no one is going to poke me with needles.

And yes, now that you mention it, I have noticed problems with saliva management. I usually come to a half-waking state a couple of nights a week, noticing a wee bit o' drool comin' out me lips. I do a discrete wipe and flip over and that is that. It's the sort of thing that happens to everyone I suppose, and me, from time to time, before I had ALS. But now I notice it happening more often. Saliva management problems are an ALS thing. It's in the 'bulbar' control set, which, according to the So You're Going To Die transcript, (and the reading I have done) is indicative of things going to hell more quickly.

Basically I feel that the jury is still out on whether I will be here 10 years from now or turn into a pile of go within four. We Shall See.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com