Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Finis

I finished importing all the analog video into the computer. I burned DVDs of all the analog stuff so far, except for one. And I will be able to make a 'greatest hits' DVD from the raw material. Editing that will take a long time.

We live in a neighborhood with a lot of retired people (and a lot of young families), and from time to time I find myself telling a neighbor I have ALS. When it is an older person of a certain generation, I call it 'Lou Gehrig's disease.' That seems more familiar to them.

And I can't speak for other people, just for me, but the reaction I least like from an acquaintance is a sympathetic 'Oh, I am SO sorry!' I know they really mean it, and I am not saying they are wrong to feel that and say it. Plus, people who I hug when I see them have said this and should feel free to say this. I know them well enough that it means a lot to me. But the reaction I prefer the most (and this is just me speaking), is exemplified by the one my next door neighbor gave: "OH S**T!" I also like, "Dude, that sucks" or "Sheesh!" Something dry and hip rather than wet and soppy.

It's looks like I'll be having lunch with that jiggly tub of martinis and bon bons soon.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com