Sunday, May 09, 2004

Mothers Day

We cheered my wife in her first competitive race since 1995, a 5K. It was good for all of us. At first when I saw all these healthy, fit people in their 20s, 30s and 40s prancing around, and I momentarily felt sad that I was being gradually removed from their number. Rather than start sobbing, I decided to hate them, temporarily, as a tactical maneuver. It worked. Then I got over it and we had a good time.

The whole physical exertion thing is a tough question for me, because I don't want to exert myself into a muscle injury. For example that's why I haven't been using the Grip Builder recently, because my mentality is that I should set a new record every time. I need to back away from that. Maybe pick a modest number and do that number and no higher every other day. On the other hand, a race would be a nice affirmative gesture. I believe that if I registered for a local 5K or something, I could run it slowly, at my pace, without getting all macho and hurting myself. I hope.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com