Friday, January 28, 2005

Socks off



In case I didn't mention it, the banister I put up is a roaring success. I also need to paint those window frames where we had the contractor repair the ropes in the sash system.

I love having projects to do all the time. Good thing we bought a nice, older house.

Also, stand by for a radically-new spec for the B&V rocket. I have prepared an epoxy-coated corkwood plug for the end of the reaction chamber. If that doesn't get your blood pumping, I don't know what will.

I may just be on the point of beating this cough, as I think that the cold itself is gone. But I know I have felt that way previously, right before the cough kicked into high gear. We Shall See.

A friend was telling us yesterday about how their kids were waking them up four times a night with issues like "My socks fell off," and how they finally got them to stop by saying that Mommy and Daddy need sleep too, and if you wake up, we're not coming. I didn't get a chance to ask her how they prevent the kids from coming to them. Our son had been good about not waking us up for about a week, by the time he heard that story. Last night he came in and said his socks had fallen off. The little girl cries out several times in the night, and my lovely wife goes to calm her down. My lovely wife does this despite having a cold and her throat hurting. I think the girl is doing it just because she is sick, and may have molars coming in too.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com