Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ceftriaxone Day 2


The home nursing people came by today and put an IV needle in that will stay in until the remaining six days of drug are done, unless they need to change it.

You'd think something as simple as this barely deserves a mention, but my veins were not cooperating today, and they poked me three times to no good end before the fourth one took. And this is my blog, so I am going to complain. I don't like being poked. It makes me feel jaggy and stressed.

Now of course, I get to recover. "From what, whippersnapper? Let me tell you about my bypass!"

Or breast cancer, or other painful things. A couple of needles in the arm are nothing compared to that, but as I said, this is my blog, and this is where I complain.

The good news is that my wife is putting out the trash bins! Just kidding, I actually enjoy that. They told me to 'baby' the arm with the IV, which is my right arm, the stronger one, that I use for lifting those heavy bags of garbage. You try lifting 13 gallons of wet pullups and tell me how easy it is!

Once again just kidding, but the bathroom trash can is quite large and it mostly has wet pullups in it.

This time I was willing to settle for anything that stayed in. But next time I am going to ask them to put it in the left arm. I am wearing a long-sleeve shirt (yes, in warm weather), and using my weak, clumsy left hand it took my five minutes just now to do the button at the wrist. My lovely wife did that sleeve earlier today, but I wanted to check the needle, and she is helping someone go poopie.

Anyway, I am going to get my car smog-checked this afternoon. That should be a nice mission to get me feeling normal again. (But I was unable to do this due to their equipment being broken today).

Still no sign of diarrhea and that's good. I like to think the probiotics are part of the reason.

The waking with numbness and tingling of arms and hands continues, though I characterize it as 'light,' and it feels different from blood deprivation (e.g. sleeping on the limb).

Glyconutients update: The Mannatech "Amrose" glyconutrients came today in a little box that I was hoping contained the hand dynamometer. The idea behind the glycos is that the modern diet is deficient in essential sugars that intercellular processes require. Apparently, our cells are coated with droves of these little sugars. The thing is, I didn't see any references to research showing that any people have cells which lack the requisite panoply of sugars. Or that these individuals suffer any ill effects, such as, oh, let's just say, ALS. But it could be. I slammed three of these pills right away, will do the same tonight, and then I guess taper to one pill twice a day.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com