Saturday, February 19, 2005

D+11: Harbinger



.
Here's one of those ALS harbingers, which has occurred to me now because my throat is being attacked by germs and my voice is raspy, or brassy, or whatever. I recall that several times in the year before I was diagnosed, my voice became similarly altered. It was deeper, and stayed that way for a long time each time I got sick. Even after I got well. I noticed it, but I didn't think anything of it, and I didn't think of it as new.

But it was new. That didn't used to happen when I got sick: It didn't used to stay that way for so long after I got well. That was also the period of time in which I was constantly choking on the water I drank, when my buddy made a crack about it.

My theory is that my throat muscles where changing, and I didn't know it, and the persistent brassy tone was a harbinger.

Left grip slipped down to 45 (45, 45, 42) and right grip down to 88 (88, 84, 84). Inhale volume is 4500 mL. The cold is making progress but is still contained.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com