Wednesday, March 30, 2005

C2: 8 inches


The ceftriaxone needle, including extended plunger, is eight inches long. The barrel is only five inches long, and about an inch across. The most important part of the kit is the stretchy net sock that gathers the IV tube against your forearm.

The chess player, Phileo, whose game against me I blogged about, reacted well when I sent him the URL to the blog entry:
Funny. Did you have a link to the game? I would like to see it.

Like Bible Man, he's probably not someone I would have sought to be friends with in real life. But chess, like blogging, can bring you into respectful association with people you consider to be outside your sphere. I think that tolerance and diplomacy, as opposed to hatred and condemnation, are the fabric of civilization. With tolerance and diplomacy, we can truly get along, even when we disagree. I ask you, blog reader, to look to the left of you, and look to the right of you, and identify those who are your friends and allies, and who agree with you on the issues, but who are intolerant and hateful to those you disagree with. Heal them.

I am not measuring left grip because the IV needle is in the left arm. Right grip is 105 pounds (98, 104, 105). Left leg balance is 7.39 seconds, and inhale volume is 4550 mL (evening measurement when tired).
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com