Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Namenda effect?


For a couple of months now I have always noted a leg tremor in the shower when I lifted my left leg by placing the foot on the rim of the tub (to soap it, and later dry it). For the past four days I have noticed that the tremor is either absent or is much easier to will to a stop. This is basically coterminous with the Namenda, so I am prepared to credit it. Wally Jr. has apparently had success with using it to lessen morning leg spasticity.

Simultaneously, I have seen the rise of lots of left thumb twitching. Also, my chin muscles twitch. Not my jaw, my chin.

Left grip is 42 pounds (39, 40, 42), right grip is 97 pounds (95, 95, 97), left leg balance is 9.8 seconds, and inhale volume is 4500 mL.



My lovely wife went to the doctor this morning, and sure enough she has strep throat. I kissed her lightly on the lips as she was leaving. I plan on not getting it. Strep sounds like the bacteria streptococci to me. I'll ask her what her pescription is and then maybe do five more days of penicillin?

I went to Goodwill and dropped off five bags of baby toys that had been cluttering my closet for many a moon. I also brought back 10 99-cent books, some of which I have read, and bought of out sheer respect, others, not:

Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
The Establishment by Howard Fast
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
The Hite Report by Shere Hite
Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow
The White Album by Joan Didion
I Know Why The Caged Bird SIngs by Maya Angelou
Welcome To The Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Buying Time by Joe Haldeman

Am I going to read these all? Not. I just like having them.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com