Friday, April 08, 2005

Malady poker


One lady was telling me about her scary bout with arthritis, that later cleared up. She said she knew what I was going through. At first I was peeved because, well, she was comparing a disability with a death sentence, and never acknowledged that in the several times she mentioned it to me. Then, I realized, regardless of how socially maladroit she was being, her comparison was very real, because she's a painter, and the creeping removal of her ability to use her hands was maybe the most scary thing that had happened in her life. She was commiserating with my fright. Once I saw it that way I was no longer rankled. Just amazed that she'd not sense the risk of gaffe.

Left grip is 47 pounds (45, 43, 47), right grip is 98 pounds (87, 92, 98), left leg balance is 11.59 seconds, and inhale volume is 4500 mL.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com