Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Piano lifter


A few days ago my daughter was playing under the piano. It's a spinet, which means it's smallish. She put her foot under the pedals and did some sort of flip. The results was that her foot got jammed the long way, toes mashed to the floor, heel forced up against the pedal. She was trapped, and cried out in fear and pain. I jumped to my feet from my supine pose on the couch, giggling and limping to her aid. I hunched down under the piano and tried pulling up on the pedal. No play there. Then I arched my back up and pushed against the floor with my arms and legs, which tilted the piano against the wall and give her enough space to wriggle out. The piano is not that heavy, and it was an easy thing to do, not like lifting a Volkswagen or something. But there I was: The Hero of The Piano.

Left grip is 39 pounds (38, 39, 37), right grip is 97 pounds (93, 97, 92), left leg balance is 8.2 seconds, and inhale volume is TK mL. Sleep has been disrupted by external factors.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com