Sunday, May 08, 2005

Gym


I don't go to the gym anymore. For one thing, the membership expired, and for another, I rarely went. I'm sure I could do that light workout (at least, as of this writing), but I didn't get much out of it.

It's official, the number of pushups I can do is zero. That's something many people strive for: "I don't ever want to do another pushup!" But in my case, I took a vow, in the seven grade, against situps. The heck with that.

Yes, I am going to make an appoinment with a P/T to do ROMs.

I'm not sure yet, but the Namenda may be making me more tired than usual. And it may be helping with the inappropriate laughing.

Sometimes I feel sad when I look at all the house projects I did. I miss that unquestioned sense of being able to heft things around, mark, cut and nail. Even in the hot sun, with sweat all over me, I could count on my muscles. I miss that.

Some things are getting better. I remember an extended period at work when I got so fried that I could not look at a phone number and then remember it long enough to dial it. I had to do it three numbers at a time. Honest. Now, these days, I catch myself often glancing at a phone number and then dialing it without referring to it.

Left grip is 42 pounds (35, 38, 42), right grip is 95 pounds (92, 86, 95), left leg balance is 7.72 seconds, and inhale volume is 4750 mL.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com