Thursday, May 26, 2005

Like a virgin


I remember years ago when Madonna's "Like a virgin" came out, only because the arts editor showed me the vinyl LP, on which she's all tarted up, and said "There's this new girl who's got a big hit, and the cover cracks me up because she's so obviously not a virgin." Never before, and never after, did any of the arts editors or writers show giddy interest in a product of popular mass culture. I assumed that it was pure trash and had no more interest in it than I would have in a discarded candy bar wrapper. I remember being puzzled at why the arts editor cared at all. The thing that sticks out in my mind now is that she was the "new girl." What this means is, I am old.

Left grip is 39 pounds (36, 39, 36), right grip is 91 pounds (90, 91, 90), left leg balance is 11.94 seconds, and inhale volume is 4750 mL.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com