Saturday, June 11, 2005

From Dad


In my closet there is a wooden chest that we got as a wedding present. It has a rounded lid and a clasp. In it, I keep things that I wanted given to my kids after I die. Yesterday I finished the DVD called "From Dad" and put two copies in the chest, one for each child. This DVD is meant to be viewed by them only once they are twenty. I will also edit down a milder version of it that younger children could view, in the event that something happens to me in the next few years.

My legs have been, for lack of a better word, 'tight' or 'sore' for the last few days. These words don't quite fit, because ALS muscle rot feels different to me than normal muscle complaints. Maybe it's post-trip backlash, maybe just the new reality. Whatever. I will try to rest them and treat them with lots of tonic water with quinine.

Left grip is 40 pounds (38, 38, 40), right grip is 94 pounds (90, 94, 90), left leg balance is 10.47 seconds, and inhale volume is 4700 mL.

Here's the latest grip strength chart. The most recent gap with no data is the trip I took, not a ceftriaxone infusion. During a ceftriaxone round, there is a data gap for only one arm, not both. The next ceftriaxone round is scheduled for June 14, 15 and 16, three days at at three grams per day instead of the previous regime of five days at two grams per day.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com