Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Good veins


As a skinny, high-strung person I usually have good, prominent veins. But the first time they came out here to stick me with the infusion needle, they had a hard time getting one in correctly. Subsequently, a nurse told me to drink a lot of water before they stick you. It helps your veins stand out. The other thing that helps is being warm. You can soak the arm in warm water or take a shower. The nurse who poked me yesterday said sometimes people will have good veins and they just go flat as soon as the needle comes out, due to anxiety. I think I'm one of those people. It required three tries before the blood return indicated a good stick.

I was asked to post this:


National Registry for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis [ Lou Gehrig Disease ] ALS.

State by State , to add your name just hit reply to post type in your info and i will add your name or email me your info.
robertb@mitchell.main.nc.us

Name, Age and when you were dx , limb or bulbar and state and zip code.
If put by zip code, a program could map out high incidence
High rate of ALS.
+female
-male

you can help
please pass this info on, the link to this page
http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums...7020#post697020
or my email
robertb@mitchell.main.nc.us
send this info to all pals, cals, forums, chatrooms, support groups, researchers, message boards, als newsletters, state chapters, anywhere and everywhere just pass it on. thanks

every 90 minutes a person is diagnosed with als
every 90 minutes someone dies from als in america


5/25/05
In Memorium of our Pals.
http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums...ead.php?t=41645

I have an IV needle in my left arm. Right grip is 93 pounds (84, 89, 93), left leg balance is 6.99 seconds, and inhale volume is 4550 mL.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com