Thursday, June 09, 2005

Smokescreen


The medical marijuana people are clearly just trying to use a mercy angle as a step in the larger campaign of freeing up dope for entertainment use. If you smoke dope, I don't really care, as long as I don't work for you and you're not in my family, or following me in a squad car. If you smoke dope and you think it means anything, socially or politically, then you are a deluded fool. The anti-dope people, for their part, are ludicrous hypocrites. Addressing the commerce clause, they argue that local commerce in drugs has national effects. However, that's also true of paperclips. When the medical marijuana advocates point this out, then the anti-marijuana people say that when it comes to enforcement of laws on contraband, you need a nationally consistent standard. I very much agree, and I despise dope, but I despise almost as much the intellectual dishonesty of supposedly arguing on Constitutional precedent, and then suddenly proposing a new federalist standard without admitting it. Perhaps the only good thing that comes out of this is a discussion of Constitutional law. Otherwise, a pox on both their houses.

Left grip is 40 pounds (31, 40, 38), right grip is 91 pounds (89, 91, 89), left leg balance is 13.59 seconds, and inhale volume is 4600 mL.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com