Friday, July 15, 2005

Disabled parking placard


I mailed off my application for a disabled parking placard Monday. There have been times, particularly when shopping for food, when it has been a struggle to get from the store all the way to the remote location of my car. I'm weak and clumsy, and it's awkward carrying heavy bags while trying not to catch a toe and trip. On the other hand, I don't intend to use the placard whenever possible. My approach will initially be to park in the normal spaces, unless I am very tired or I anticipate a long walk with heavy bags. We shall see how that develops.

Also on Monday, the guys came and installed the custom iron railings my lovely wife wanted for the front steps (the steps I previously fell on).

The preliminary approval to build the addition to our house has been granted. It will have a wheelchair lift, and a bedroom and (most importantly) disabled-accessible bathroom on the ground floor. Then my lovely wife and I would move into the new bedroom and let the kids choose between the two upstairs.

Left grip is 35 pounds (35, 35, 35), right grip is 82 pounds (82, 80, 82), left leg balance is 15.72 seconds, and inhale volume is 4550 mL.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com