Monday, September 05, 2005

309 survive


When that plane crashed on the runway in Canada, and everyone on board survived, we read about how they struggled through the smoky cabin, stumbling and tripping over obstacles and one another. I thought about how my lovely wife often tries to help me, tries to help any person. I made her promise that if we were ever in an emergency where quick evacuation was imperative, that she save the children and leave me behind.

I've always been lucky, and I tend to get by, especially when I have only myself to worry about. Whatever the disaster is, chances are that I'll come crawling out of the rubble.

True agony would be if my lovely wife stayed behind in an effort to help me, despite my telling her to leave, and our children got hurt.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com