Thursday, September 15, 2005

Fork!



The current chess game has been running on the wall for a few days. I made my move, and my son turned around and looked at the board.

"I know what you're going to do," he said.

"What?"

"You're going to take my pawn at F3."

"Right. And what does that do?"

"It puts my king in check and it makes a fork, so you can take my rook or my pawn."

Needless to say, I praised him up and down. Trying to predict the other player's move is a major component of success in chess.

By the way, the PT did ask around at the hospital and they calibrate their grip dynamometer once a year. They think that mine is probably more accurate than theirs. She said one guy told her that theirs was about 20 pounds too generous (on the right). That was my experience. In any case, it's better to have a consistent yardstick.

Left grip is 28 pounds (27, 25, 28), right grip is 81 pounds (76, 74, 81), left leg balance is 5.07 seconds, and inhale volume is 4400 mL.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com