Friday, October 28, 2005

Didn't cry, and didn't jump up high


My daughter has been doing something that my son never did, perhaps because she has an older sibling who reads (quite well!). She sits with a book and flips through each page, each time saying the same thing. It evolves over time. She used to say "Uh-oh, he did something bad. He didn't cry, and he didn't jump up high." She repeated this on every page, book after book, for weeks. Then it became "He did something wrong. He didn't cry, and he didn't jump up high." Then, she insisted, when we asked her, that it was "He did something rah. He didn't cry, and he didn't jump up high." Now it is "He jumped up high. He didn't cry, and he didn't jump up high."

As I say, my son didn't do this. But seeing my daughter do it reminds me that, at her age, I used to do the same thing. I don't remember what words I said, but they were similarly brief. I recall my parents remarking to me at the time, that I was saying the same thing over and over.

I have to say that Wednesday and Thursday I had a bit more energy, as evinced by my doing the laundry both days. Lately I have bypassed that. I'm the type of person who likes to produce work, so I take this as a change in energy level rather than in attitude. And today I feel a little more stable in the legs than I have recently. The metrics don't show a significant increase, so I take this new energy to mean that the antibiotics and the recent cold took a toll which I am only now recovering from.

Left grip is 29 pounds (27, 29, 29), right grip is 74 pounds (74, 74, 74), left leg balance is 6.1 seconds, and inhale volume is TK mL.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com