Monday, November 14, 2005

Getaway


My lovely wife had a brilliant idea, a weekend getaway sans kids, and she organized everything, and arranged for a crew of relatives and friends to handle our kids in shifts. We were gone from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon, and we stayed in a hotel, saw a movie (Good Night, and Good Luck), and ate out. It was a wonderful time. She even went and got me some Advil from the store when I had an attack of hysterical rectum. No, that's not a medical term, just one I made up to describe the severe, clenching pain that I sometimes get 'down there.' It started happening in 1998, but I still consider it a precursor to ALS. Yes, I have gone twice to proctologists, who see no problem. But that was the only dark cloud, and the wonderful thing is that we actually got to relate to each other, as grown-ups, without everything involving kids or the fear of kids. We got more sleep than we have in a long time. It was great. Let us all praise my lovely wife.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com