Friday, November 25, 2005

Pride


A couple of people, Lefty most recently, have said I must be very happy that my son (my kids) are so smart. Well, I am thankful for that, glad to have it be that way, One less thing to worry about. But the most important thing to me is that they be loving, good, caring people. That's what I'm happy about. And yes, certainly, they can be quite cantankerous, rascally, and mean when they're experimenting, but I've seen their true natures, and I'm pleased to report that most of the time, and at the most important times, they're really very empathetic, caring people. That's what I proud of. I knew they'd be smart. I'm so happy that they're kind.

And I do like to brag about their smarts.

For instance, yesterday my son decided to give me a math problem. He said, "Dad, what is the square root of 10 plus six?"

I said "Since I don't know what the square root of 10 is, I can't answer that." I thought he was just making up gobbledegook like kids will.

But my lovely wife said, "I think he means that the parentheses are around 10 plus six. So the answer would be four."

How smart is that, to invent a solvable problem that has an integer answer?
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com