Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Port


I saw my GP yesterday, and got a referral from him to see a vascular surgeon who can insert a port in me to receive the antibiotic infusions that Dr. Quack will prescribe. I made an apppointment to see the vascular surgeon on Feb. 6. I assume they'll insert it some other day.

Regarding the Lyme hypothesis, the GP said, "There are three kinds of doctors: Those who don't believe anything until it's proven, those who experiment, and those who are willing to consider the possibilities. I'm in the third category. I'm not Lyme literate, but I'm 'Lyme friendly,' let's put it that way."

So cool he is. And probably gay too.

They weighed me: 132 pounds. That's up over a pound from last time. Hooah. All those Boost, Ensure, Benecalorie, and smoothies have paid off. This news pushes back the prospect of a feeding tube a bit.

"Anytime you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so."


-George W. Bush, April 2004

Left grip is 24 pounds (17, 22, 24), right grip is 70 pounds (65, 65, 70).

This guy collects mugshots. They're great.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com