Sunday, January 22, 2006

promise


When I was about six, my sister and I were playing in the back yard, sitting, not on the fence, but near it. She said we should make a promise that whichever of us dies first should come back and tell the other if there is really a heaven.

"Promise?" she said.

"I promise," I said.

"You have to really, really promise. Do you mean it?"

"I mean it."

"OK."

P.S. - Doing a little blog hopping today, I noticed a couple of blogs with their panties in a bunch about Brokeback Mountain, saying how sad it was that this boring film would lead young men astray. Anti-Bush politics will get this one multiple Oscars, but Ang Lee has made such better films in the past!

...The only thing is (in my opinion), even if there were NO gay aspect to this movie, and it were just about a couple of straight buddies, it would still be an interesting, compelling and engaging film. Boring hardly.


Left grip is 21 pounds (17, 21, 21), right grip is 67 pounds (63, 61, 67).
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com