Monday, January 16, 2006

This bites


You may not be aware of it, but the muscles in your lips, cheeks and gums perform subtle movements when you chew which prevent your teeth from biting or cutting you. This function has become impaired in my body, and I frequently nip, slice, or pinch my lips, tongue, or cheeks. And of course, when you have a slightly abraded or swollen part inside your mouth, the teeth are that much more likely to catch on the rough part.

Also, I have been noticing frequently that my eyesight is blurry. As a small boy, my vision was about twice as good as the average person's. In 1998 or 1999 when I had it checked, it had degraded to 20/20, or perfect vision. No, I don't think I would have naturally aged into glasses ... at least not until my 70s. But I'm also not sure if this is related to ALS.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com