Saturday, February 25, 2006

He doesn't have to


As a small kid, I didn't do many chores, but in one epoch, I was helping my mother clean. I was cleaning the bathroom sink in the bathroom of of the bedroom she shared with my father. There was a small pile of little black flecks in the sink. I asked what they were, and she said they were my father's whiskers. I recall seeing him tap his shaver in the sink to clean it. Each of the next few times I helped her clean, I had to rinse away the whiskers. "Why doesn't he just wash them down the sink?" I asked. She paused only briefly. "I guess he feels he doesn't need to." Most things mystified me as a kid and so did this response. It was only years later that I realized his habit annoyed her.

Ted Rall's cartoons are often very funny, and often deeply distrustful of the powers that be. The one I saw today alleges that there's no proof a a revolt by Flight 93 passengers. I try to keep Ted Rall honest, just like I do for the crowd at Hooah Wife. So today I sent him this email:


But Jackson, I read the entire 9/11 Comission Report and I don't recall it saying there's no proof of a passenger revolt, or a lack of evidence passengers entered the cockpit. Did YOU read it? How do you source this cartoon? I think that the families got to hear the cockpit tape, which includes sounds of passenger voices in the cockpit.

Yes, it could all be a vast fiction. But that's hard work.

Sometimes he replies to my emails. Let's see if he does this time.

Left grip is 25 pounds (25, 24, 24), right grip is 71 pounds (64, 71, 71).
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com