Wednesday, February 22, 2006

High wire


As recently as a few weeks ago, walking across a flat, clean floor felt as perilous to me as walking on a high wire. I have acrophobia, fear of heights (strikes me at the edges of in tall buildings, but NOT in airplanes -- I have faith in airplanes). I was so unsteady on my feet that ordinary ambulation seemed very dangerous, if I didn't have a wall or something else to prop myself up with. I haven't had that feeling in a while, though walking is still quite dangerous. I have to remind myself not to get cocky. My goal is to avoid falls until the port is in.

Thanks again today to Greta for allowing my polluted thoughts into her blog.

Left grip is 23 pounds (20, 23, 20), right grip is 75 pounds (70, 70, 75).
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com