Sunday, February 12, 2006

Peace be upon him




The beautiful Saaleha recently blogged a bit that is translated from the Quran:

"Goodness and evil cannot be equal. Repel (evil) with something that is better. Then you will see that he with whom you had enmity will become your close friend. And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self restraint.' (The Quran 41:34-35)"

Years ago when I was young, hostile, and sarcastic, I would sometimes respond to someone who was being an absolute jerk by praising them. The more of a jerk they were, the more I would praise them. I intended that they would pick up on my irony and realize that I thought the exact opposite. But twice what happened was that the person believed me, and stopped being a jerk to me.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com