Monday, March 13, 2006

Mr. Ethical


There is a game I play on the computer, against people, not chess. It's very popular. Not saying which one. I discovered an easy and obvious way to cheat, which would not occur to the average player who's not a programmer. I sent a message to the game company asking them to patch the game to close the hole. Because I tested the exploit in my current game against another player, thus giving me an unfair advantage, I mysteriously resigned that game, and will forego future games until the patch is released. If the company does not tell me what their patch schedule is, I'll announce the exploit to the player community, to level the playing field. I think some of the people at the top may already know this exploit. It will be interesting to see whether they continue playing and winning after the jig is up.

Left grip is 26 pounds (25, 23, 26), right grip is 69 pounds (65, 69, 60), inhale volume is 3500 mL.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com