Friday, June 30, 2006

Shower technique


When it became too perilous and difficult to bend over, I stopped soaping myself below the knees in the shower. That was a few months ago. I do dry myself below the knees by leaning against something and reaching down. So I suppose I could soap that way too. But, nah. I dry the tops of my feet by dangling the towel across them.


GARDEZ, Afghanistan -- The US government routinely failed to give detainees at Guantanamo Bay access to witnesses who might have helped them prove their assertions of innocence, saying it could not locate the vast majority of the witnesses the terror suspects requested at special military hearings.


[...]


In one case, the State Department said that it could not locate Ismail Khan, the well-known minister of energy in Afghan president Hamid Karzai's cabinet, who meets frequently with American diplomats.


In another case, tribunal officials said they could not contact a prisoner in US custody in Bagram, Afghanistan, because the US officials holding him failed to respond to their inquiries.


|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com