Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Letter opener





Ripping open a letter is something you probably do without thinking about how to. Like putting on a shirt. But these are difficult for me, because my hands (particularly the left, the gripper) are so weak and clumsy. I found myself wishing for a letter opener. There, on my desk, was a piece of corporate gimcrack -- a letter opener! With the logo of a company that no longer exists.

It has waited on my desk for nine years for this day.

I opened about a dozen neglected letters at once.

For junk mail, if there is a business reply mail envelope, I insert the junk mail and its envelope in there, and mail it back -- after carefully removing any identifying information about me. That means names, addresses, barcodes, and anything that looks like an ID number.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com