Friday, August 18, 2006

Lonelygirl15


The first time for anything is the best. Well, maybe the second.

Anyway, once I wandered to youtube.com to share my awesome Saving Private Ryan video, "30 seconds!", I clicked on Most Viewed and encountered Lonelygirl and Daniel kvetching about each other, instead of grinding together their passions in the dark like they ought.

I thought it was real for 30 seconds, until I realized that she's 20 pretending to be 16, and that they're both film students at UCLA trying to light their big break into show business.

UPDATE from 9/15:

The actress who plays Bree on the hit Internet soap opera is Jessica Lee Rose, a 19-year-old who was born in Salisbury, Maryland, and moved to New Zealand when she was eight.

I began watching all the video commentary on Lonelygirl, some of it quite touching and wise, but most of it juvenile. And all hilarious!

Remember, I haven't watched TV in six (6) years, so I don't know what's happening in popular culture. And this new medium in which people can contribute their own creativity seemed so revolutionary and new to me. I loved it.

Soon I'm sure I'll be jaded and have expectations and a critique. A critique can spoil anything. But right now I'm like a virgin, touched for the very first time.

You all know that I have issues with saliva, reactive airways, and laughter that all combine to threaten to asphyxiate me. It was while watching this clip from renetto that I realized I might literally die laughing. I had to turn off the computer to save myself.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com