Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Cab snafu


When they told us we were being discharged, my steadfast wife called the cab company, which she had previously discovered had a van with a wheelchair ramp. They said it would take 15 minutes to an hour. I heard her ask them to have the driver call her cell phone when he arrived. They agreed. When we got outside, there was no van. She called the cab company. They told her that the driver had gotten there in 11 minutes, but left when we were not seen.

As an exercise, I'll let you figure out what's wrong here.

The van came after another wait of about half an hour.

The ride home hurt whenever we went over a pothole or bump. But I was SO glad to be home!

The new controller for my wheelchair arrived yesterday after dark, and within minutes, my capable wife had installed it and got me mobile again!
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com