Thursday, November 30, 2006

I tried napping with the bipap on Monday. The full face mask that they informed us would not help prevent saliva being forced out of my mouth by the pressure from the nose-only mask did indeed help. The reason is elementary: Imagine a hose with some fluid in it, and you must choose to blow into one end of the hose, or both, to prevent fluid leakage.

I think that the reason they told us the full mask would not help is that they are a volume shop, and seek to eliminate marginal costs.

The first bipap we had broke with error code E53, and they replaced it.

I might be able to nap or sleep with the bipap. However, there are two remaining major problems:

1. The inhale/exhale cycle is highly variable and erratic. Sometimes the inhale period is one full second, but very often it is 1/5 to 1/2 of a second. I think it quite likely they will say this is impossible, or blame us, but I wear it, and I know.

2. The alarm sounds every few minutes.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com