Friday, November 03, 2006

My annoying cough is a real trial. I think I should see an allergist, because it can be awful one day and gone the next.

Mamabear mentions Tessalon Perles (benzonatate)...

"Benzonatate is a medication taken orally to suppress coughs. It has an anesthetic (numbing) action similar to that of benzocaine and "numbs" the stretch sensors in the lungs. It is the stretching of these sensors with breathing that causes the cough. Benzonatate begins to work within 15 to 20 minutes, and its effects last for approximately 3 hours."

But I might have a lot of trouble with this:

"The capsules should be swallowed whole; they should not be broken or chewed."

I will never take it:

"SIDE EFFECTS: The most frequent adverse reactions of benzonatate include sedation, headache, mild dizziness, constipation, nausea, and vomiting."
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com