Sunday, December 17, 2006

First the daughter had the vomits, then the wife, and yesterday, the son. I hope I am spared.



Since I was a teenager, I've felt that losers were people who tried to be 'winners' -- who got excited by popularity contests -- people who don't know themselves or have their own interests -- shallow people who watch TV. So when someone nominated me for the 2006 Weblog Awards, I was flattered. Thanks! But when I went to look at the award system, I saw that it was based on voting by web users. That's fine, but it's not for me. Here's why: The first couple of nominated blogs I looked at had big "Vote For Me" posts. It's a perfectly good system, but I want no part of trying to be a 'winner,' so I studiously avoided mentioning the nomination during the 10 days of voting. It's over now, and the Loser has been crowned. No, I haven't looked at #1, and don't mean to be insulting. Just arrogant. No, I'm NOT calling you a loser just because you got excited, and called for votes! Particularly not if you're an attractive Jewish woman who runs a group blog, and whose recently-retired Army officer husband could kill me with his pinkie.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com