Sunday, December 03, 2006

When probably only three or four, I was under the impression that if I could not see someone, they could not see me. So I squatted behind the small metal roadside reflector sign at the top of the front yard, and put my face up to it and (I think) closed my eyes. I was invisible to passing cars. I recall that some of them slowed down and spoke to me, which mystified me.

I do know that, from a similar position, and at a similar age, I was throwing gravel or rocks at passing cards. My parents told me not to. I believe they then went into the house (and watched me from the window). When I was sure they had forgotten about me, I threw some more gravel. My mother came up and hauled me into the house. I protested, but she said I was not allowed to throw rocks at cars.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com