Saturday, January 13, 2007

In the summer between my freshman and sophomore years in college, I listened to the college radio station a lot, and they were playing Grandmaster Flash's "The Message" a lot -- a lot a lot. A whole lot.

I worked, in the kitchen, with a young African American man who claimed once to have been to prison, maybe as a joke. He had a band, and once our dorm was hoping to hire them for our big party. I was dorm association treasurer. Their price was enormously high, like, $700. They were a serious band and had gigs playing at local bars, including, I later realized, a major gay bar.

The others asked him if they could play this or that. When we were working in the kitchen I asked him if they could cover Grandmaster Flash. "Who?" he said.

Thanks to Sis B. and others who pointed out that I was wrong in thinking that new Blogger costs money, I accepted the invite this morning and migrated my blog.

What’s YOUR plan, huh?!

Guy with no parachute jumps out of plane. Horrified jump crew looks down in … uh, horror.

Guy yells up at them:

“But those who refuse to give this plan a chance to work have an obligation to offer an alternative that has a better chance for success. To oppose everything while proposing nothing is irresponsible.”
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com